Call Us: (303) 848-3804

Steps to Forming a Utah Corporation

Information We Need From You to Start Your Corporation

1: Select a Name: Your company name must contain: Corporation, Incorporated, Company, Corp., Inc., or Co.

2: Authorize Shares: Corporations are owned by their shareholders. Shareholders own shares of stock in the company. Utah requires you to designate the number of shares you intend to initially authorize. In most cases, a corporation will authorize a small number of shares, say 100. At the first shareholders meeting, you would then issue 51% of those shares to yourself, giving you control of the company. The remaining 49% can be held for future business partners.

3: Choose Management: A corporation is run by its Directors. The Directors control company policy, issue stock, appoint corporate officers, and make financial decisions. Typically, you would appoint yourself the sole Director and take on the various roles of the corporate officers (President, Secretary, Treasurer).

4: Remaining Info Needed to File:

  • Purpose: the lawful business your corporation intends to perform.

  • Registered Agent: Utah registered agents must maintain a physical street address within the state. This is known as a registered office, and it cannot be a PO box. All of our Speedy filings come with one free year of Utah registered agent service by Northwest Registered Agent. This service keeps your personal home and office addresses out of the public record and fulfills your registered agent, mailing and principal office requirements.

  • Principal address: the address of the business office where your corporate records and financial books are kept.

  • Officers and directors: the names and addresses of your officers and directors (must list at least one).

  • Ownership info: (optional) whether or not the corporation is owned by a woman or a minority.

Form Your Corporation Here Online

Steps to Forming a Utah LLC

Information We Need From You to Start Your LLC

1: Select a Name: Your company name must contain: Limited Company, Limited Liability Company, L.C., LC, L.L.C. or LLC. If you want to see if your company name is currently available, you can conduct a Utah business name search.

2: Membership: An LLC is owned by its members. Unlike a corporation, an LLC does not issue shares of stock to its owners. Instead, each member is assigned an ownership percentage. The percentages are usually (though not always) based upon the amount each member has invested into the company.

3: Choose Management: In most LLCs, the company is run by the members. There is no board of directors and no corporate officers. Instead, the members usually make all administrative decisions, as well as conducting the daily business operations. However, an LLC can also opt to appoint a manager to run the company. In that case, managers can be either members or an outside party. 

4: Remaining Info Needed to File:

  • Principal office address: the address of the business office where your company records and financial books are kept.

  • Registered Agent: a registered agent must maintain a physical street address within the state of Utah (called a registered office). This cannot be a PO box. All of our Speedy filings come with one free year of Utah registered agent service. This free service keeps your personal and office addresses out of the public record and fulfills your registered agent, mailing and principal office requirements.

  • Members and managers: the names and addresses of your members and/or managers (optional).

  • Duration: if you want your LLC to be dissolved at a particular later date, you can indicate a future day, otherwise your duration is considered perpetual.

  • Purpose: the lawful business your LLC intends to pursue (optional).

  • Ownership information: (optional) whether or not your LLC is owned by a woman or a minority.

Form Your LLC Here Online

Testimonials

Excellent site!!! I was worried about not taking this site and being sued but did not know how to get it done. Luckily your site really helped me when i needed it. Made business a pleasure for a change. ” - Nick R., West Valley , Utah

This service is so hard to come by in our area since I am busy working another job. You can definitely be assured that you’ll see our business again in the future! Thanks again!! ” - Phillip S., Salt Lake City , Utah

I Just wanna say thanks for the great and fast service. This is definitely one of my best online orders ever. Happy holidays to everyone at Speedy Incorporation! ” - Min D., Provo , Utah