Call Us: (303) 848-3804

Steps to Forming a Louisiana Corporation

Information We Need From You to Start Your Corporation

1: Select a Name: Your company name must include one of the following: Corporation, Incorporated, Company, Limited, or the abbreviation (with or without the punctuation) Corp., Inc., Co., or Ltd. It cannot include the phrase “Doing Business As” or any abbreviation of that phrase.

2: Authorize Shares: Corporations are owned by their shareholders, who own shares of stock in the company. Louisiana requires you to designate the number of initial shares you intend to authorize. Normally, a corporation will issue an easily-divisible number of shares (say, 100) and then you would issue 51% of those shares to yourself at your first shareholders meeting. The other 49% can remain for future business partners.

3: Choose Management: Corporations are controlled by Directors. Directors set company policy, hire corporate officers (President, Treasurer, Secretary), establish salaries and bonuses, etc. Typically, you would appoint yourself Direct and take on the various roles of the corporate officers.

4: Remaining Info Needed to File:

  • Par value of shares: if you wish to set a par value (the lowest price your stock can be sold for, not it’s actual value) you can, or shares can simply have no par value.

  • Registered Agent: legal registered agents must have a physical street address within the state, called a registered office (can’t be a PO box). Speedy filings come with one free year of Louisiana registered agent service by Northwest Registered Agent. This service keeps your private home and office addresses off the public record. It also fulfills your registered agent, mailing and principal office requirements.

  • Duration: if you want your corporation to dissolve on a specific later date, you may specify the date, or your company’s duration can be perpetual.

Form Your Corporation Here Online

Steps to Forming a Louisiana LLC

Information We Need From You to Start Your LLC

1: Select a Name: Your company name must contain the words Limited Liability Company or the abbreviation L.L.C. or L.C. To find out if your company name is currently available, you can perform a Louisiana business name search.

2: Membership: LLCs are owned by their members. There are no shares of corporate stock with an LLC. Instead, members are given a percentage of ownership, which is generally based upon how much a member has financially contributed to the company.

3: Choose Management: Typically, LLCs are managed by their members. There is no board of directors and no corporate officers. However, sometimes members opt to appoint a manager to oversee the daily operations of the business. This manager can be a member or an outside party.

4: Remaining Info Needed to File:

  • Registered Agent: all lawful registered agents must have a physical street address within the state (called a registered office). This cannot be a PO box. All Speedy filings come with one free year of Louisiana registered agent service. This service keeps your private home and office addresses out of the public record and fulfills the registered agent, mailing and principal office requirements.

  • Duration: if you want your LLC to dissolve on a specific later date, you can specify that date, otherwise your duration is perpetual.

Form Your LLC Here Online

Testimonials

Super easy and super fast are the two phrases I would use to describe your service. Even better is that it is very well priced. ” - Mike A., Shreveport, Louisiana

Thanks so much for providing such a simple service that even a not so tech savvy person such as myself can use.” - Arthur J., New Orleans, Louisiana

Your staff is wonderful. Very helpful and got my paperwork done right away. I’m glad I chose to go with you for my limited liability company.” - Jane T., Baker, Louisiana