Call Us: (303) 848-3804

Steps to Forming an Indiana Corporation

Information We Need From You to Start Your Corporation

1: Select a Name: Your company name must include the word Corporation, Incorporated, Limited, Company or an abbreviation of one of those words.

2: Authorize Shares: Corporations are owned by shareholders. Shareholders own shares of stock in the company. Indiana requires you to designate the number of initial authorized shares of stock in your corporation. Typically, you would authorize an easily-divisible number of shares, say 100, and then issue 51% of those shares to yourself at your first shareholders meeting. The remaining 49% can be saved for future business partners.

3: Choose Management: A corporation is run by its Directors. Directors set major company policy, appoint corporate officers, set salaries and bonuses, and issue stock. In most cases, you would simply appoint yourself as the sole Director. You would then take on the roles of the corporate officers (President, Secretary, Treasurer).

4: Remaining Info Needed to File:

  • Principal office: this is the physical business location where you keep your financial books and corporate records

  • Registered Agent: legal registered agents must maintain a physical street address inside the state of Indiana. This is known as a registered office, and it cannot be a PO box. Speedy filings come with one free year of Indiana registered office service by Northwest Registered Agent. This service keeps your private home and office addresses off the public record and fulfills the registered agent, mailing and principal office requirements.

Form Your Corporation Here Online

Steps to Forming an Indiana LLC

Information We Need From You to Start Your LLC

1: Select a Name: Your company name must include the words Limited Liability Company or an abbreviation of those words. If you wish to see if your name is available, you can do an Indiana business name search.

2: Membership: Unlike corporations, LLCs have no stock to issue. Instead, the owners—called members—are simply assigned an ownership percentage. This percentage is usually, though not always, in relation to the amount invested by each member.

3: Choose Management: Most LLCs are managed by their members, who set company policies and conduct the daily business activities. However, members can choose to appoint a manager to oversee the day to day operations. This manager can be a member, or they can be a third party.

4: Remaining Info Needed to File:

  • Principal office: the physical street location where your business records and financial books are kept.

  • Registered Agent: all legal registered agents in Indiana must have a physical street address within the state. This is called a registered office (no PO boxes). Speedy filings come with one free year of Indiana registered agent service. This free service keeps your private home and office addresses off the public record, while also fulfilling the registered agent, mailing and principal address requirements.

  • Dissolution date: if you intend to have your LLC dissolve on a specific later date, you must designate the month, day and year of dissolution.

  • Management: Indiana requires you to declare whether your LLC is managed by its members or by a manager.

Form Your LLC Here Online

Testimonials

Thanks so much for all of your help and the great services. Got my incorporation papers and EIN and my business is ready to rock and roll.” - Tim M., Hammond, Indiana

I am so pleased with the services you provided. And the corporate kit will he a huge help in running my business. Thanks again.” - Celia L., Franklin, Indiana

Thank you a million times. It was beyond easy to incorporate with you and I am so happy to get everything situated to get my business up and going.” - Rae W., Valparaiso, Indiana