Call Us: (303) 848-3804

Steps to Forming an Idaho Corporation

Information We Need From You to Start Your Corporation

1: Select a Name: Your company name must include one of the following: Corporation, Incorporated, Company or Limited, or it may include an abbreviation of one of those words. The word “Company” (or its abbreviation) cannot be immediately preceded by the word “And.”

2: Authorize Shares: Owners of a corporation are known as shareholders. They own shares of stock in the company. Idaho requires that you designate the number of initial shares you are authorizing. In most cases, you would authorize a small number of easily-divisible shares (for example, 100). At your first shareholder meeting, you would issue 51% of those shares to yourself to give control of the company. The other 49% can remain for future business partners.

3: Choose Management: Corporations are run by Directors. The Directors are the ones who set company policy, determine salaries and bonuses, and appoint the corporate officers. Typically, you would be the sole Director, and you would take on the roles of the various corporate officers (President, Secretary, Treasurer).

4: Remaining Info Needed to File:

  • Registered Agent: a legal Idaho registered agent must have a physical street address in the state of Idaho. This is known as a registered office, and it cannot be a PO box. Speedy filings come with one free year of Idaho registered agent service by Northwest Registered Agent. This service keeps your private home and office addresses off the public record and fulfills your registered agent, mailing and principal address requirements.

  • Mailing address: your company’s mailing address.

Form Your Corporation Here Online

Steps to Forming an Idaho LLC

Information We Need From You to Start Your LLC

1: Select a Name: Your company name must contain one of the following: Limited Liability Company, Limited Company, or the abbreviation L.L.C., L.C. or LLC. If you want to see if your company name is available, you can do an Idaho business name search.

2: Membership: An LLC’s owners are known as members. Unlike corporations, LLCs do not issue stock. Instead, members receive an ownership percentage, usually based upon what they have contributed to the company.

3: Choose Management: Typically, LLCs are managed by their members. However, members may choose to appoint a manager to oversee the day to day business. Managers can be members or they can be outside parties.

4: Remaining Info Needed to File:

  • Registered Agent: legal registered agents must have a physical street address in the state of Idaho. This is known as a registered office and cannot be a PO box. All our Speedy filings come with one free year of Idaho registered agent service. This free service keeps your home and office addresses off the public record and also fulfills all registered agent, mailing and principal office requirements.

  • Member/Manager: you must identify the name and address of at least one member or manager. You do not have to specify whether the person is a member or a manager.

  • Mailing address: your company’s business mailing address.

  • Effective date: if you want the official date of your LLC’s formation to be a date later than your filing date, you can specify a future date. This can be up to 90 days after filing.

Form Your LLC Here Online

Testimonials

I won’t even tell you how much some local services wanted to incorporate my business. I am so glad that I found your website and ordered your service.” - John H., Franklin, Idaho

The form was really easy to fill out and the little help boxes were helpful. It took me a total of 25 minutes of my time to get my business officially formed. Thanks.” - John B., Murray, Idaho

You have a really great service and I’d recommend you to anyone as a fast and easy way to get their business formed.” - Carrie G., Cascade, Idaho